|Genre(s)||Massively Multiplayer Sidescrolling Action Platformer|
Monster Space is an MMOSAP (massively-multiplayer sidescrolling action platformer) planned to be programmed utilizing Flash. It purposefully has a super-simple sprite style to allow for large amounts of content for small amounts of hard drive space. It revolves around the idea of fantasy creatures mixed into a modern day setting. Sci-Fi elements have also been added.
A black project exists on Earth: Mankind has discovered that magic was in fact a true thing, and that one can travel across the universe in the blink of an eye by slipping between the dimensional veil — this would be far faster than most current theories for faster-than-light travel, and would take far less technological advancement than this use of magic would, known as planeswalking.
Unfortunately, the blind obsession of these individuals quickly led to them opening their planeswalking portals without heeding what may lie on the other side; above New York City, a great portal opened up between the Earth and the planet Diakatan and several other locations and realities. In no time flat, monsters and other beings started flooding through, infesting our world with huge numbers of deadly adversaries, which the regular public were not exactly ready for.
Large swathes of destruction occurred, and those survivors in the cities began to take up arms against the monstrosities, to try and beat back the tide of chaos and possibly seal the portal.
Occasionally, survivors may find vehicles of varying types that have not yet broken down and are temporarily usable. These may include transport vessels such as automobiles and hoverbikes like the Psychocycle, or more attack-oriented vehicles such as tanks or walkers.
Certain vehicles such as automobiles require keys to start. Sometimes these will automatically be found upon entering the vehicle but other times they must be located. Luckily, the keys are always nearby.
All vehicles have a stamina bar to represent the condition it is under. Should this bar drop to zero, the vehicle is damaged beyond repair and cannot continue to be used. Various events can cause this stamina bar to drop, such as certain enemy attacks, dropping from too high of a height, or even running into enemies directly with the vehicle. Not all vehicles are affected by all types of damage (for instance, automobiles take damage when ramming into enemies but tanks generally do not).
The player can take a mechanic trait at the beginning of the game that will let them repair vehicles, though they start out only able to repair automobiles. In order to repair more complex vehicle types, the player must locate a manual to unlock the ability to repair a different vehicular class. Each class has their own manuals randomly spread out through the world. Once the player can repair a class of vehicle, they can raise their effectiveness with it by repairing that type of vehicle or by locating duplicate manuals. Players who do not initially take a mechanic trait can still become mechanics by locating these same manuals.
Weapons listed in alphabetical order, by type.
- Assault Rifle:
- Beretta: Weaker than Revolver but more ammo.
- Derringer: Don't let its size fool you.
- Dragon Pistol:
- Dual Berettas: Rawdog that s**t.
- Fire Lance: Time to go really old school on them.
- Hand Cannon:
- Hand Mortar:
- Howdah Pistol: In defense against lions, tigers and bears. Oh my!
- Minigun: Extremely powerful. Shoots straight, pushes back, can't move.
- Nock Gun:
- Queen Anne:
- Pocket Pistol:
- Revolver: Six shooter. Somewhat powerful.
- Saturday Night Special: A cheap way to make a killing.
- Savage Navy:
- Shotgun: Spreadshot. Deadly at close range.
- Tu Huo Qiang: Just like Kirk.
- Ballistic Knife:
- Cleaver: Heavy, squared blade that is slow but powerful.
- Combat Knife: Powerful blade that deals great damage.
- Kitchen Knife:
- Rusty Knife:
- Bow: Shoots thin arrow straight forward; curves to ground after a while.
- Broadsword: Moderate speed & damage melee tool.
- Katana: Close ranged, fast at attack & deadly to boot.
- Morning Star:
- Prayer: Charge attack. Holding increases size of Hand of God.
- Slingshot: Stand still, fire aimed shot for weak damage. 'Nuff said.
- Spear: Long range for melee. Can also be thrown.
- Staff: Slow caster weapon. Deals heavier damage than Wand, though.
- Wand: Cast spells from afar. Fast but weak.
- Annihilator: Like the Hyper Beam. 1 hit kill to most things.
- Beamsword: Like a cross between a lightsaber and Link's Beam swords.
- Erasure Cannon: A "deleter". Straight shot then loops and straightens.
- Ion Disruptor: Hybridized creature permanently attached to the arm.
- Light Spear: Permitted energy spear weapon.
- Plasma Projector: Quad-barreled Aurix weapon, modified for Human use.
- Raygun: Long, piercing beam. Slow shot rate.
- Battery Bomb: A couple of 9-Volts stuck together.
- Claymore Mine:
- Grenade: Operates just like a grenade! Amazing!
- Land Mine:
- Letter Bomb: You've got mail!
- Mail Bomb: Special delivery!
- Nail Bomb:
- Old Grenade: Like a cartoon bomb!
- Pipe Bomb:
- Powder Keg:
- Rocket Launcher: Your own personal bazooka.
- Sea Mine:
- Sticky Bomb:
- Time Bomb:
- Babydozer: A small weapon that just plows through foes. Get it? Earth weapon.
- Thumper: Produces harmonic shockwaves. Earth weapon.
- Gust Bazooka: Travels forward a lil then splits & travels Xways. Air.
- Butane Torch: Powerful cutting torch for constant melee damage. Fire weapon.
- Flamethrower: Constant damage weapon. Fire weapon.
- Molotov Cocktail:
- Squirt Gun: Extremely weak, arcs downwards. Water weapon.
- Water Balloon: Grenade-like complement to Squirt Gun. Water Weapon.
- Dry Ice Bomb:
- Freeze Ray: Fires freezing chunk. Barrel also freezes. Ice weapon.
- Stun Gun
- Tesla Cannon: Seeks closest target. Chargeable to pierce. Lightning.
- Spotlight: Powerful flashlight. Light weapon.
- Shadow Projector: Cone of shadow. Dark weapon.
- Chlorine Bomb:
- Spore: Thrown like baseball to overtake opponents. Nature weapon.
- Ki Blast: Chargeable ki beam. Psychic/Ki weapon.
- Mind Bullet: Fired from head to explode heads. Psychic weapon.
- Anti-Gravity Gun: Cause objects hit with beam to lose all sense of gravity.
- Gravity Gun: Cause objects hit with beam to come flying towards the user.
- Meteor Call: Summons a meteor to crash. Celestial weapon.
- Cloning Device: Flash clones a weak, nearly-naked minion of your very own that can only punch.
- Genesis Device: Flash-alters biome to kill foes. Creation weapon.
- Aziza Horn: Short sword ripped off of a faebug. Not in short supply.
- Bee Launcher: AoE weapon. Ammo returns after a while. Seeking.
- Bouncy Ball:
- Brass Knuckles:
- Computer Virus:
- Dead Actor Autograph:
- Eyelament Eyestalk:
- Gasukclaw: Very close range but deadly.
- Handful of Spiders:
- Hungry Chameleon:
- King Bear's Flamberge:
- "Limited Edition" Toy:
- Medusa Head:
- Old Computer:
- Paper Football:
- Pickax: Meant for digging but will deal melee damage, too.
- Razorhat: Very deadly but slow fire rate. Like Kung Lao's hat.
- Saltshaker: Extremely weak spreadshot. Deadly to mollusks & worms.
- Schmupert: Schmupert McDoomy's head. Spits deadlyish sandwiches.
- Sharktopus Tentacle:
- Shovel: Same as pickax except stabbed with like spear.
- Spittle: Deals 1 damage at medium range. Ranged Starter.
- Throttler Arm: The arm of a Yibimin Throttler, used like a whip.
- Very Bad Game:
- Whip: If a trouble comes along, you must whip it!
- Yosei Horn: