|“The Lubyum are honorable insectoid warriors who have moved into the interstellar era. Despite having such advanced technologies, they consider the use of long-ranged weaponry as dishonorable, and it is against their laws for any Lubyum to use these weapons.”|
|—Vacotor Database, Terran translation|
The Lubyum are a race of insectoid bipeds who succeeded in developing a warrior culture. They are extremely honor-bound, and have many customs that they as a people choose to follow. Of these, it is the belief that ranged weaponry are a "cheater's tool" is one of the most prominent. Very close to all Lubyums will only use melee weaponry in battle, and those who do not are in fact considered heretics and traitors, who are banished from their homeworld.
- Species Type: Cold-blooded Terrestrial Vertebrate-Invertebrate
- Lifestyle: Social Warrior
- Hunt/Forage Success Rate: 100% Hunt (67% success rate)
- Armor: Lubyum have a tough exoskeletal shell over their body that provide simple but quite effective defense.
- Defenses: As mentioned above, the species utilized their exoskeletons for much of their natural defense before sapience, although they may also had impressive agility allowing them to hop and dodge foes with relative ease. This agility required much of their increased brain power that eventually led to their sapience.
- Weapons: Naturally, Lubyum have sharp sheering mandibles. Technologically, they have several types of energy weaponry to take down their foes.
- Tools: While all four limbs are technically capable of holding objects due to their similar claws and overall design structures, it is typically not customary for them to use their legs to hold weapons, although some fighting styles do teach how do properly switch between limbs like this.
- Method of Eating: Unspecified
- Reproductive Rate: Unspecified
- Gestation: Unspecified
- Offspring Incubation: Unspecified
- Number of Offspring: Unspecified
- Offspring Survival Rate (before age of maturity): Unspecified
- Singular/Plural/Possessive: Lubyum/Lubyums/Lubyum
- Despite being a lawful good race, they serve a lawful evil faction; this is due to being honor-bound to the Isk. They have no qualms towards the UFCL and are perfectly willing to speak with them, although they often will need to fight them due to Imperial rules. The UFCL often understands that this is not a personal grudge and some even respect the Lubyum.